All Current Services
Patrons are asked to practice social distancing and are encouraged to wear a face mask while visiting the library. Food and beverages are not allowed in the buildings.
All Alachua County Library District branches are open for browsing, computer use, and printing services during all operating hours.
Branch hours are:
- Headquarters Library and Millhopper, Tower Road, and Alachua branches: Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sunday noon-5 p.m.
- Hawthorne, High Springs, and Newberry branches: Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sunday noon-5 p.m.
- Cone Park and Library Partnership branches: Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Archer, Micanopy, and Waldo branches: Tuesday-Saturday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Outside services are available 1-5 p.m. at most locations when they are open, weather permitting. Alachua Branch will offer drive-through service during all operating hours.
Patrons age 11 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
The following services are available:
- Returns inside or via exterior book drops
- Checking out items, picking up holds, applying for a new library card, and renewing a library card
- Computer sessions by appointment or walkup, based on availability
- Copier and scanner use
- Reference services
The following services are not available:
- Meetings, study rooms, and Quiet Reading rooms
- One-on-one computer assistance
- Print newspapers and magazines
Branch Locations Map
Place items on hold and you can pick them up from your preferred location using outside service if you prefer not to enter the library. Outside service is available 1-5 p.m., depending on the weather, every day when branches are open. You can easily search our online catalog for books, DVDs, and other materials. Here's how.
- Use the Place Hold option on items you want to reserve.
- Select the Pickup Library option for the library branch where you would like to pick up your materials.
- You will receive a notification when your items are ready.
Please follow these steps to check out materials after you've received notification that they are ready to be picked up.
- Bring your library card or photo identification when you go to pick up materials.
- Follow the directions at your preferred branch and walk up to the designated door for outside service. Have your library card or photo identification ready to present to library staff.
- Library staff will bring your materials out to you. Please wear a face mask when interacting with staff.
- Please return all materials to the exterior book drops. Staff cannot accept returns.
- You can also renew or sign up for a new library card, just bring your photo identification and proof of address to your local branch.
Computer Appointments and Printer/Copier Services
Computer appointments, and printer and copier use are available during all branch hours.
Print at the library:
- Print online (Get directions for printing online)
- Print with the Public Print Locations app by ePRINTit for iOS and Android devices (Get directions for the Public Print Locations app by ePRINTit)
- Pick up at any library location (Get directions for picking up print jobs)
Please note that copiers and printers accept silver change and $1 or $5 bills. We are not able to provide change.
Due to social distancing recommendations, we are not able to offer one-on-one computer assistance at this time.
Unfortunately, we are not able to accept donations of books and other media on behalf of Friends of the Library at this time. Please visit the Friends of the Library website for the latest information on upcoming book sales and donations. Click here for a list of other organizations accepting book and media donations.
Library Card Sign-up and Renewal
You can receive your library card or renew your card at any library branch. Just bring your photo ID and proof of address.
To obtain or renew a card using curbside service, follow these steps:
- Bring your photo identification (for example: driver’s license, passport, or other state-issued ID) and proof of address to your local library branch.
- Call when you arrive and be ready to provide your name, address, birth date, email address, and phone number.
- After you’ve spoken with a library staff member, follow their directions to show your identification and proof of address for review. After reviewing your documentation, staff members will issue a new card or renew your card. Please note that library cards must have a zero balance (no bills charged for overdue items) in order to renew.
Learn how to receive a library card for a minor and more on our Cards page.