All Current Services
All Alachua County Library District branches are open for browsing, computer use, study room use, meeting room reservations, and printing services during all operating hours.
Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases, the Delta variant, and Alachua County’s designation as a high transmission area, all library visitors age 6 and older are required to wear a face mask. Please wear a face mask covering your mouth and nose during your library visit. Patrons are asked to practice social distancing while visiting the library.
Branch hours are:
- Headquarters Library and Millhopper, Tower Road, and Alachua branches: Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sunday noon-5 p.m.
- Hawthorne, High Springs, and Newberry branches: Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sunday noon-5 p.m.
- Cone Park and Library Partnership branches: Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Archer, Micanopy, and Waldo branches: Tuesday-Saturday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Outside services are available 1-5 p.m. at most locations when they are open, weather permitting. Alachua Branch will offer drive-through service during all operating hours.
Place items on hold and you can pick them up from your preferred location using outside service if you prefer not to enter the library. You can also renew your library card or apply for a library card using outside services.
Outside service is available 1-5 p.m., depending on the weather, every day when branches are open.
You can easily search our online catalog for books, DVDs, and other materials. Here's how.
- Use the Place Hold option on items you want to reserve.
- Select the Pickup Library option for the library branch where you would like to pick up your materials.
- You will receive a notification when your items are ready.
Please follow these steps to check out materials after you've received notification that they are ready to be picked up.
- Bring your library card or photo identification when you go to pick up materials.
- Follow the directions at your preferred branch and walk up to the designated door for outside service. Have your library card or photo identification ready to present to library staff.
- Library staff will bring your materials out to you.
- Please return all materials to the exterior book drops.
- You can also renew or sign up for a new library card, just bring your photo identification and proof of address to your local branch.
Computer Appointments and Printer/Copier Services
Computer appointments, and printer and copier use are available during all branch hours.
Print at the library:
- Print online (Get directions for printing online)
- Print with the Public Print Locations app by ePRINTit for iOS and Android devices (Get directions for the Public Print Locations app by ePRINTit)
- Pick up at any library location (Get directions for picking up print jobs)
Please note that copiers and printers accept silver change and $1 or $5 bills. We are not able to provide change.