The Alachua County Library District and the School Board of Alachua County are partnering to improve access to educational and recreational materials by providing students with a free Alachua County Library District Student Library Card, which can be used to:
- Check out 3 print books or audio books owned by the Alachua County Library District at a time.
- Borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMusic and eMagazines from our Media collection.
- Access eSources like Tutor.com, Learning Express, and World Book Online
- Sign in to computer internet stations at any of our 12 public library locations or bookmobiles.
Students that already have a standard library card with Alachua County Library District are still eligible to receive the Student Library Card. Here are just a few benefits:
- Research tells us that children who have library cards and use the library perform better in school.
- Public library staff help students learn how to perform age-appropriate Internet searches, online tutoring and utilize Web-based eSources for homework help using free, public-access computers
- A library card is the most important school supply of all.
The Alachua County Library District does not charge overdue fines for materials, but we do require that materials be returned. Your student may receive notices from the Alachua County Library District on a quarterly basis if they have unreturned items on their library card.
If you have a student card but have misplaced your number, please visit your local library branch for assistance.