Early Voting for the 2022 Primary Election will be daily at the Millhopper and Tower Road branches from Saturday, Aug. 13 through Saturday, Aug. 20, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Vote-by-Mail ballots can be turned in at the Millhopper and Tower Road branches and other early voting sites, during Early Voting hours. There will be a secure Drop Box in the parking lot. Other Early Voting sites are:
- Supervisor of Elections Office: 515 N. Main Street, Gainesville (Drop Box available on additional days)
- Orange Heights Baptist Church: 16700 FL-26, Hawthorne
- Legacy Park Multipurpose Center: 15400 Peggy Rd, Alachua
- J. Wayne Reitz Union: 655 Reitz Union Drive, UF Campus, Gainesville
- Alachua County Agriculture and Equestrian Center: 23100 W. Newberry Rd, Newberry
On Election Day, Tuesday, Aug. 23, persons assigned to Precinct #61 can vote at the Millhopper Branch and persons assigned to Precinct #42 can vote at the Tower Road Branch from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. On Election Day, all voters must vote in the polling place to which they are assigned. Use the Precinct Finder to find your polling place.
A vote-by-mail ballot Drop Box will be at all Early Voting sites from Saturday, Aug. 13 through Saturday, Aug. 20 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Drop Box at the Supervisor of Elections will be open on additional days: Monday, Aug. 8 through Monday, Aug. 22 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and on Election Day, Tuesday, Aug. 23 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Vote-by-Mail ballots can be mailed to the Supervisor of Elections but must be received by Election Day.
Closed Primary Elections
Florida is a Closed Primary Election State. This means that only voters registered with a political party can vote in that party’s primary elections. However, all registered voters, regardless of party affiliation, may vote on issues and nonpartisan contests. Find your sample ballot.
What's races are on the Primary Ballot?
- United States Senator (1) (DEM)
- Representative in Congress District 3 (REP & DEM)
- Florida Governor (DEM)
- Florida Lieutenant Governor (DEM)
- Florida Attorney General (DEM)
- Florida Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services (DEM & REP)
- Florida State Representative District 22 (DEM & REP)
- Circuit Judge: Eighth Judicial Circuit: Group 12 (Nonpartisan)
- Alachua County Commission: District 2 (DEM)
- Alachua County School Board: Districts 1, 2, 3, and 5 (Nonpartisan)
- Gainesville Mayor (Nonpartisan - Must reside in Gainesville City limits)
- Gainesville City Commission District 2 (Nonpartisan - Must reside in Gainesville District 2)
- Gainesville City Commission District 3 (Nonpartisan - Must reside in Gainesville District 3)
- Gainesville City Commission District 4 (Nonpartisan - Must reside in Gainesville District 4)