Library Card Perks
September is National Library Card Sign-up Month.
A library card gives you access to nearly 815,000 items, including more than 108,000 digital books, audiobooks, and magazines. You can also use your card to log into databases, check out toys, and borrow a WiFi2Go mobile hotspot.
With your ACLD library card, you can also:
- check out up to 100 materials at a time
- request books we do not carry through either a purchase request form or Interlibrary loan (for Alachua County residents)
- get free courier delivery of any available item to your preferred library branch
- access downloadable eBooks and eAudiobooks 24 hours/day
- access the hoopla streaming service for music, movies, TV shows, and more
- access multiple databases to guide you in crafting, foreign language learning, school research, and more
- chat with a reference librarian
- and check out so much more!
Visit your local library to get your new library card or try our new online registration option to start enjoying all the Library District's perks and materials, all totally free!
Get A Library Card
Florida residents age 18 and older can register at any library location with photo identification and proof of residency.
To sign up for a card, please bring one of the following forms of identification:
- Any current photo ID with Florida address
- If the photo ID does not have the current Florida address, residency can be verified with:
- Voter's Registration Card
- Rent or utility receipt
- Personal checkbook with imprinted name and address
- Property tax notice
- Name and address on mail with canceled postage, including forwarded mail
To get a library card for a minor (ages 4-17), the parent or legal guardian must have their own photo ID and proof of address, plus a form of ID for the child, such as a:
- School report card
- School immunization record
- Health insurance card
- Social Security card
- Birth certificate
The child must also be present at the time of registration.