Please rate this page from “5” (satisfied) to “1” (not satisfied), and write your comments and suggestions.
Special Needs Services
The Library District provides a variety of materials and services to meet the needs of a diverse community. All library buildings meet ADA accessibility standards, and staff will gladly provide further accommodation. Just ask. Listed below are some of the library's special services.
For the visually impaired, and others who have trouble reading:
- Magnifier reading systems
- Audiobooks on cassette tape and CD.
- Downloadable audiobooks that play on PCs and portable players
- Large print books and Braille books
- Described videos
For the hearing impaired:
- TTY: 711
- Assistive listening devices for meetings, and at service desks
- Sign-language interpreters on request, for programs
- Closed-captioned videos
For elderly and homebound residents:
- Mail delivery of library materials to the homebound in Alachua County. Call (352) 334-3956 or start the signup process online.
- Large print book collections for retirement and nursing homes. Call (352) 334-3993.
- Telephone reference, including assistance looking up agencies and programs. Call (352) 334-3934.
Some services are only available at select branches. Call your branch for availability.