Special Needs Services
The Library District provides a variety of materials and services to meet the needs of a diverse community. All library buildings meet ADA accessibility standards and staff will gladly provide further accommodation. Listed below are some of the library's special services.
Have further questions regarding ADA accommodations? Please call us at 352-334-3900.
For the visually impaired, and others who have trouble reading:
- Magnifier reading systems and magnifying glasses
- Audiobooks on CD and Playaways
- Downloadable audiobooks that play on PCs and portable players
- Downloadable books with adjustable font and high contrast and dyslexic font options
- Large print books
- Braille books
- Described videos
For the hearing impaired:
- TTY: 711
- Assistive listening devices for meetings and at service desks
- Sign-language interpreters on request, for programs
- Closed-captioned videos
For elderly and homebound residents:
- Mail delivery of library materials to homebound residents in Alachua County. Call (352) 334-3956 or start the signup process online.
- Large print book collections for retirement and nursing homes. Call (352) 334-3993.
- Telephone and mail reference, including assistance looking up agencies and programs. Call (352) 334-3940.
Some services are only available at select branches. Call your branch for availability.